Hood / Neoprene Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srownin

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

I have recently begun using the pro-ear 2000 mask to reduce my trouble equalizing. If you have read my previous posts, you will know that the mask is great, and has vastly improved my ability to descend at a normal rate.

That being said, I also purchased a hood designed specifically to be used with this mask. It actually has two layers of neoprene, with holes cut in the bottom layer to make room for the ear cups.

Since this is the only hood that works with this mask, and I need to keep using the mask, I have no other choice for a hood. The only issue is that the neck is cut way to short, and I cannot tuck my hood into my wet suit properly.

Finally, my question is this... Has anyone had any luck grafting additional neoprene on to an existing hood / wetsuit? I am considering trying this myself, or bringing the materials to a tailor. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

You can easily have that done.. as that is how a whole suit is made...and you are not the only one to have that issue... lots of regular hoods will not stay in.

Back
Top Bottom