honeymoon suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unit240

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for a honeymoon spot in April 2003 that will be warm, sunny, sandy and out of the USA. If anyone has had a good experience somewhere please let me know or if you have a www. location please post it. Am looking at Caymans, Aruba, Bonaire, etc.... Thanks in advance.

I suggest that you consider St. Thomas on the USVI. Stay at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef Hotel for luxury and a nice, white sand beach. Dive on the west side of the island with Blue Island Divers. Avoid the east side since the diving is not as nice as the west side. If you go with the guys at Blue Island, you will see the best that St. Thomas has to offer. If you want to see a huge nurse shark, ask them to take you to the Kennedy; I swear that shark is 16+ feet long! And be sure to do Flat Top: a wonderful collection of sealife all along the dive.

Some folks think that the Wreck of the Rhone on the east side is a "must do". I am not one of them. The ship is not intact and the vis can be very poor, especially after a group of inexperienced divers has kicked up all the silt!

Lots of good restaurants on ST, USVI and some nice sight seeing, to boot. The diving is not Cozumel, but it is a darn nice place for a honeymoon!

And speaking of Cozumel, Mexico: it is a great place to dive, but there are very few truly pristine white sand beaches that are convenient. The Fiesta Americana has a man-made beach that is very nice, however. Now a word to the wise: The diving there is great! You can get a package from Islandreams (on the net) that includes Continental Airlines, Fiesta Americana and The Dive Shop. The latter is right on site at the Fiesta and is a nice operation. Also, there is a decent shore dive right in front of the resort and you can get wts, tanks and other gear, if you need it, from The Dive Shop.

Scorpionfish

unit240,

I know things are nice in the Caribbean, warm air and water, white sandy beaches, etc etc. BUT, IMHO they do not compare with a romantic stay on Maui. Again you have warm water and air, white sandy beaches but more importantly you have the OLD LAHAINA LUAU. An awesome show and food, fun times for everyone. Plus a nice drive on Hana Highway visiting all the waterfalls and black sand beaches is pretty spectacular as well.

If you go to www.maui.net you can see all that is to be seen and do. And that time of year you could get some decent rates. I cannot remember their website but if you go to a search engine and lookup Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays you can normally get an air/hotel package that is pretty neat. They normally use American Trans Air (ATA) out of Indianapolis for their air travel.

I did not mention diving because no matter what your choice the diving is spectacular.

We stayed at the Arawak Inn and dove with Oasis Divers. Took walks on the empty beach every morning before breakfast. Diving was awesome! One day we took an afternoon trip to one of the cayes to feed and pet the stingrays--too cool!
Ber :bunny:

Hey there,

Do yourself a favor if you are planning on going to the Carribean for your honeymoon. Stay at the Presidente on Cozumel. It is simply paradise. Hands down, the nicest hotel on the island. Yes it's a little more but if you are making the flight for someplace romantic why skimp. The Fiesta Americana doesn't even come close to this place. It is elegant, GREAT service, and SCUBA DU is right at the hotel. I went to Cozumel three times last year and always stay at this hotel. If you don't you will wish you had. When you get out of the taxi on the gorgeous grounds you'll know you have landed in paradise. AND, the diving is world class!

Best of luck,

Jason

If you can supply a few more details, it would help to advise. Are you interested mostly in the quality of the diving, the beauty of the island, topside activities ( no pun intended ), restaurants, beauty of the beaches, apontments of the resorts??? Based on a few answers, I can be a bit more help.

My fiancee and I recently had to decide where to go for our honeymoon, and we decided on Bonaire and Curacao. We'll be staying at the Plaza Resort Bonaire for about a week and will then spend a few days in Curacao at the Marriott. We've never been to either place, but both came highly recommended. We only have 5 weeks before we leave!

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom