Honey Bay Resort Lembeh looking for review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barry123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking at visiting Lembeh early next year and was possible staying at Honey Bay Resort Lembeh. Looking for anyone who has been to this Resort.

Never heard of the place, but googled it and saw that it is right on the western tip of Lembeh island. I also could not find the resort's direct website. It seems to be pretty new.
They appear to be basically across the little bay from Divers Lodge Lembeh (I have a review from a few years back on this resort, in short it was a great week of diving).
Now the only problem about this location is that you are far from most of the prime dive spots. Which tend to be up to the NE end of the Lembeh Straight. For instance Hairballs or TK1-3 is probably a 45 min boat ride from the resort.
If you stayed at Black Sands (an amazing resort) or the newer Dive into Lembeh, these spots are literally their house reefs.
SO if you do end up at Honey bay you will be spending much of your time on the boat.
The one advantage is that it opens up the seaward side of Lembeh island which has some pretty decent wide angle type dives.
Write a trip report if you do go.

Green Lembeh.JPG
[Divers Lodge Lembeh (I have a review from a few years back on this resort, in short it was a great week of diving).
Now the only problem about this location is that you are far from most of the prime dive spots. Which tend to be up to the NE end of the Lembeh Straight. For instance Hairballs or TK1-3 is probably a 45 min boat ride from the resort.

Dear Almitch, which are the "prime dive spots of Lembeh Strait"? The ones which are mostly visited and sometimes crowded or the ones where you can see most? We are having great dive-sites within 5 minutes from our Divers Lodge Lembeh. The "famous spots" such as T.K. are max.12 kilometers away. Usually we take the lunch with us on our spacious and comfortable boats and we stay out for three dives anyway, so the distance does not really matter. Many of our guests book a private boat and private guide and they can completely make their own schedule each day.
By the way, a big advantage of Divers Lodge Lembeh is, that we are not situated near a, often very noisy, village. But, without doubt, at the most beautiful location of Lembeh Island.

Al, how soon we forget. I meet you at Black Sands March 2014. The reason I asked about Honey Bay Resort is that I can find very little info on the place. I am now travelling around 4 months a year which is mainly diving, the last trip I did over 160 dives and that cost lots of money, so I try to look for deals. Booking.com have a very good price for Honey Bay and I am thinking of booking but sure would like some reviews. Now Divers Lodge should know something about the place as you are almost neighbors.

Barry!! You are one lucky SOB!!! Glad to hear you are still enjoying your grand adventures! If you do get out to the resort it would be great to hear your opinion of it.

Hi Indah. As I said we had a great week staying and diving with you guys and I'm pretty sure my trip report was a glowing recommendation. BUT the truth of the matter is that you do end up spend much of the day on the boat. Some people love that (when we stayed with you we were ok with it), some people would rather chill on land, it's a matter of taste. Right now we have little ones, SO spending the day on a boat is not an option.
As for the "prime spots" I mentioned, those were the spots your dive guides took us to, so clearly they are worth the trip up to them. But yes I agree that there are many many dive spots closer to you that on their day can be better. Your house reef for instance has the friendliest mandarin fish I've ever seen!

Dear Almitch and Barry,
Almitch, what you write was true in general, some years ago. But now we are having much more excellent spots nearby. And many of our guest simply dive in front of the beach at our housereef. We only charge USD 8.25 per dive for these self-guided dives. The distances from Black Sand to sites such as Critters Hunt, Mawali wreck, Nudi Falls and Bianca are practically the same as from Divers Lodge Lembeh to these sites. And we are much closer to Tanjung Lampu (Goby a crab) and Batu Lubang.
Barry, I checked Honey Bay at booking.com: IDR 1.000.000 per night, per night, with breakfast only, is what I found. Our standard rate is only IDR 742.000 (today USD 56, -) for full board accommodation. We do not charge extra for single occupation. If you send me an email, info@diverslodgelembeh.com, I will try to make you "an offer you cannot refuse" :)

Wow....this is great! We are are the moment in the hospital in Manado for the birth of our daughter Indah.
If you ever want to go with your family to the perfect beach for children and good diving, send me an email and I will tell you about our Magic Bay Villa at Rao Island, near Morotai.
Magic Bay Rao.JPG

Thank you very much. Baby Indah and mother Linda both beautiful and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom