Honda 2HP 4 stroke outboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
A little over a year old. There's a spot on the throttle cable that's worn, and I need to pull the carb and clean it, but otherwise in good condition.

Comes with:
telescoping tiller extension
1 gallon fuel can
emergency pull cord
spare plugs
extra oil
carb cleaner
ethanol fuel treatment
engine cover (not pictured)
shop manual

$650 - Located in Miami Beach

outboard1.jpg

outboard2.jpg

outboard3.jpg

outboard4.jpg

Thats a great little motor.... I have one for my dink and love it. No water pump to maintain as it is air cooled. You can pull right up on the beach without any worries of getting sand in the pump.

And best of all..... it's a Honda, starts on the fist pull everytime.

I'm pretty damn sure the carb just needs cleaning. As they say, "It's always the carb."
Unfortunately the can of carb cleaner I had didn't have much left.

I'm just sick of outboards and their carbs! I've upgraded to a nice pair of oars.

You know before you give up on her...... clean out the carb and when you do get her running again, make sure to turn off the gas valve and let the motor run out of gas everytime your not going to use it for a few days. If you don't do this the gas evaporates and leaves behind a residue that is very similar to varnish which will gunk up everything. I have been using this motor for 3 years and have never touched the carb and it sill starts on the first pull everytime.

I haven't given up on her. I've just given up on all outboards. I've been rowing everywhere for about a month now and loving it. It has it's moments, like when it's really blowing, but there are so many benefits. I don't need no stinkin' outboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom