Homemade dual bladder wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveAK

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 60# oms wing, and was wondering if anyone had ever converted a one bladded wing to a dual bladder wing? This is for redundancy issues, and was just wondering what all thought about it. I think all you would have to do is put a new air cell in the wing, and then install the corrogated hose. Doesnt seem like it would be too hard or expensive.

diveAK:
Hey everyone, I have a 60# oms wing, and was wondering if anyone had ever converted a one bladded wing to a dual bladder wing? This is for redundancy issues, and was just wondering what all thought about it. I think all you would have to do is put a new air cell in the wing, and then install the corrogated hose. Doesnt seem like it would be too hard or expensive.

diveAK,

Redundant bladder wings are "mirror image" in other words the 2nd bladder flipped over so the fill hose exists on the front right instead of the back left, and the second OPV is on the divers right, tanks side of the wing.

You can do it if you can secure a second bladder, OPV, and fill Hose assembly, and are willing to cut new openings in the outer shell.

The better question is does a redundant bladder wing really solve your redundancy issues, and what are the downsides to such a configuration?

Tobin

if you want to toddle different wings you can piggy back them you can do it like oms has there the one you use up top and the back up backward and upsidedown witch work very well. i say this becasue i did this and i did it with both inflator coming over my shoulder to much to deal with for a back up.but if you have it the way i side its out of the way and bungee it in so you can still get to it youll never know its there unless you need it

Back
Top Bottom