Home Made Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarek

Registered
Reaction score
Just want to ask if anybody would be interested in buying a home-made basic video housing ( allmost complete). No controls just turn the video camera "ON" lock it inside the housing and go diving. With today's computer video editing technology it is so easy to clean your video afterwords.
I am wiling to sell this project to somebody that wants to finish it for his own camera. Inside dimensions 5.750" dia. x 5.500" long tube.

I have access to full machine-shop ( mills,lathes,cnc-mills and more ) capable to make allmost anything.So if there is anybody that wants to have some fabrications done for any project I am offering my services.

I have a good idea how to add controls to the housings, will share it later with you people.

( I have some large size plastic pipes that can be machined to yours specifications )

my contact : jarjoz@gmail.com

Great forum ----------- keep it up !!!!!!!!

housing.jpg

HOUSING-CON.jpg

How much you asking?

Eight dollars... Yes, $8...

hehehehe !!
( for the picture of the housing ? )

Oh, come on guys, it's worth more than $10. :popcorn:

I'll offer $12, including the camcorder. :D

Ok. In all seriousness, it sounds like a fun idea. But in order to sell something like this, there needs to be proof it works. Do take it down 130' and take 40min. of videos from beginning to end, and be able to show it.

It'll be an expensive test for someone to buy this (for whatever price) and find out at 30' the camcorder is ruined.

So if there's proof it works and it's really cheap, there may be a buyer(s) for it.

Good Idea, but really needs to be tested like Torontonian said. Don't bother adding controls, this just makes it more complex and prone to failure. I've got a few el cheapo camcorders that would be perfect for this.

This housing was tested on 40 ft depth, no leaks !!!!
Going to greater depth is pointless.
More preasure better seal.
This housing has 3/4" lenses
1/2" thick walls and double orings on both sides
and 4 hevy-duty stainless latches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom