Home Made 8 Tank Rack for my Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Getting ready to head to the keys for mini and theres 4 divers with two tanks each. Had to make something that would withstand the drive to put in the back of my truck. After a few hours of work, $15 bucks in pressure trated 2x4's. a box of outdoor screws and heres what I came up with. Not to bad if I say so myself. photo.jpg

Looks good! Little jealous I must say. Question though, what made you go for a vertical setup instead of horizontal?
I ask because I need to work something out for my car trunk, but obviously they have to be laying flat. With constant changing of tank sizes, and hopefully by next year doubles I don't know what is going to be versatile enough for all setups

edit: spelling

Nice looks weel built! I need to make one for mine sooner than later. Also looks to be maybe a little bulky, think you could of used some lighter wood than what you did?

Bulky equals sturdy! Looks great, I'm trying to design a tank rack myself, my issue is I want to make it secure and lockable. My next issue is I have some aluminum 80's, as well as steel 120's, so anything I can gleen from others designs is a plus. This rack looks great, and very funtional.

Do you mind posting the measurements?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom