Home Inspection for insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are in the process of changing our homeowners insurance. My agent told me to expect an inspection they all do it now evidently. So my question(s) to you divers that support your addiction by inspecting homes for insurance companies is what should I check? Here is my list. What have I missed?

chimney What do you want to see? I'm going to run the brush down it and clean out the bottom.

wiring, extension cord use and routing What do you want to see?

boiler and piping What do you want to see? is rust on the outside panels a no-go? boiler is 20 years old

roof is 30 years old, I am in the process of seeking bids

gutters intend to include replacement with roof also intend to do a roof ridge

water heater, what are you looking for/at?

well pump is 1 year old expansion tank 10 years old, What do you expect to see?

We have until the end of the month max probably the next 2-3 weeks is my guess.

Thanks to all that respond, trust me I need the help!

upload_2019-11-6_9-8-57.png

They want to see if you live like this :)
upload_2019-11-6_9-9-45.png

View attachment 548813

They want to see if you live like this :)
View attachment 548814

Unfortunately that is pretty much what my garage with over 50 tanks, tool chests, TMX fill station, 3 scooters, 3 RBs (or does an IDA76 also count?) 4 drysuits and a sf*tload of other gear looks like. I need more space!

Michael

Nice kitchen!

So the inspection happened, this chick was taking pictures under the sinks, the breaker panel, each room the yard, un-f-fin believable! She said they are the toughest company she does inspections for. They sent a request for payment of premium so I guess we passed.

I would think they want to see smoke alarms, and safety related issues, like not having scary electrical wiring and breaker boxes.

I would think they want to see smoke alarms, and safety related issues, like not having scary electrical wiring and breaker boxes.

Me too and like me you would be wrong.

I had an inspector show up and he is inspecting the neighbors' sheds and asks me what's inside. I gave him the phone # of my neighbor and said why don't you ask him. It was a short inspection!
As for breaker panels vs fuse boxes,,, when used and fused properly, you can't beat the protection and response of a fuse.

Just had an inspection. They came when we were not home so must have just viewed the exterior.

We had an inspection for house insurance when we built our new home, We were at home when he came, but he only inspected the exterior.

Back
Top Bottom