Hollis SMS75 corrugated inflator hose/dump valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Hollis SMS75. Does anyone know if generic corrugated inflator hoses and dump valves (such as from DGX) will fit? Just looking to add to my spares box.

Take a look inside. It isn't an easy replacement, at least for the first generation like mine.

Take a look inside. It isn't an easy replacement, at least for the first generation like mine.

What were the issues you had?

What were the issues you had?
A friend and I got original model SMS 75s, although I got mine months later due to a snafu. I actually did my sidemount training using the prototype SMS 75, before it was even on the market. My friend got his as soon as it hit the market, but I had to wait a few months. About a year or two later, we did some diving together with them, and he struggled because the shoulder dump kept dumping, and I mean DUMPING. We opened it up and tried to figure out why. We ended up redoing the whole thing, and it was a major effort to replace the line through the entire complex. It still didn't work.

I called up the man who designed it, the man who had certified us, and he told us it was a known problem, and the solution they had arrived at was to put 2 tiny washers on the line inside the pull dump. I got some tiny washers, put them on his, and it worked. I then opened up mine to do the same thing, and, lo and behold, there were already 2 tiny washers inside the pull dump. Apparently that problem had been identified and solved between the time he got his and I got mine.

That was a few years ago. I imagine (hope) things have changed. You should check it out, though. Make sure you can make a fix fast enough to make it part of a save-a-dive kit.

I think it's a standard dump. The corrungated hose dimensions for it are the universal size. If your Halcyon wing dump fits on the SMS, then it's the standard OEM one and all is well. The Katana2, on the other hand, uses a non-standard thread size (but a normal corrungated hose).

@boulderjohn

Mine came with the corrugated inflator hose coming from the bottom left hip, not the top. Where was yours located? Top or bottom? I’d be surprised if mine even has a pull dump. Off to look!

Edit - no pull dump wire that I can see from the elbow end.

I think it's a standard dump. The corrungated hose dimensions for it are the universal size. If your Halcyon wing dump fits on the SMS, then it's the standard OEM one and all is well. The Katana2, on the other hand, uses a non-standard thread size (but a normal corrungated hose).

Thanks. How the heck do you remember what gear I have?

Not sure it is a standard dump valve:

0B9AD963-4E46-4067-AF8F-F9FAEA495B4B.jpeg

I've just asked my friend to look at his.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom