Hollis Neotek 65 degrees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kommisarrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m looking for a new wetsuit for temps in the mid 60s, 100-120ft range,with light deco. Recently did a bunch of similar dives in 72 degree water in my soft 5mm and got cold. Any experience with the Hollis Neotek at depth? Supposed to be compression resistant-ish. Other suggestions?

I have one that I have used to 40f. Stayed plenty warm. They do compress alot. If single tank you would be fine with a sufficient size wing. Maybe (40lbs). I would be hesitant with doubles.

It might be wise to save the $400 and invest in a drysuit. You can find used ones for 6-800 that are still very nice. Just food for thought.

I was always pretty chilly in my Neotek in mid-50s water past about 60 ft, but I thought it was great the few times the local waters warmed up to the mid-60s.

For context, I run very cold - I recently switched to a trilam drysuit and Fourth Element Halo3D (designed for temperatures of 40-50 degrees), and still feel a little uncomfortable during the second dive of the day.

The suit definitely compresses a fair bit at depth. I would usually start the dive tolerably warm, but it always felt like I was running into a thermocline that wasn't actually there around 60-70ft. I also switched a few of my wrist straps to bungee loops or stretchy rubberized straps because they'd get loose and slip around as I got deeper.

My experience is similar to @Kamaros. I tend to be a bit cold-natured. I find the Neotek really comfortable down to about 65 degrees. I've dove it in 55 degree water, but at that temperature, I was starting to get really cold 15 minutes into the dive. So for any dive that I plan to be in the water for 30 minutes or more, the mid 60's is pretty much as low as I want to go in that suit.

I’ve been diving mine for the last 5 years in Monterey with temps from high 40s to low 60s. The neotek is the best wetsuit I’ve ever owned.

I just switched to drysuit but would be getting another neotek if I was going to keep diving wet.

Depends on the person I guess. I'm comfortable in the neotek down to mid 40s at 60 ft or so, chilly to 42 after a long dive and cold mid way through the dive at 40. I'm sweating in it at 65 degrees though.

I just upgraded from my Whites Fusion to a Neotek. I have only done 1 dive with it so far, but it was a 42F dive, I was very happy with it. I won't say I was warm, but I definitely wasn't uncomfortable in it. My feet on the other hand, in 6.5mm wet boots, they were cold. Not a fault with the Neotek obviously, but it's something to pay attention to. I'm looking forward to the water warming up a bit and getting out more

I recently switched to a dry suit and would recommend that. So much nicer to come out of a cold dive and not have to worry about the water on you body making you colder in-between dives. Entry level drysuit cost me under 1000 usc. So defiantly worth the investment.

K...

If a semi-dry is what you really want...reserach BARE...dry ''flip under'' wrist and ankle seals...and a proper dry zipper...'' Master T-Zip''...

The Hollis Neo-Tek does not have a dry zipper...it allows water to enter the suit...rendering the inner water dam useless...

I have a BARE...and had a Neo-Tek...the Bare leaves the Neo-Tek for dead...

Check Leisure Pro...I believe they currently have a deep discount sale on BARE sem-Dry suits...

Best...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom