Hollis Katana 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
GLiebmann

GLiebmann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I just recently decided I am going to try my hand at side mount. I got a great deal on a Katana 2, I will be doing mostly all warm weather aluminum diving. I am going to take classes but before I start I want to make sure my gear is ready. I have read a few articles that say the Katana BC comes ready, Mexico style aluminum, but I don't understand how as there are only two fixed D rings on the waist belt with the exception of the two square rings on the back.
If I am correct, the square d rings are only used for accessories not for tanks? If this is so then I either need to buy additional D rings or replace the ones on the belt with sliding rings, so I can adjust my tanks? Just want to make sure i have everything I need to get started.

Thanks for your help

I either need to buy additional D rings or replace the ones on the belt with sliding rings
Yep, those are the standard approaches to AL tanks. Personally, I favor the dual ring approach on each side, but there's no clear consensus that I can tell. As far as the drop D rings, it's not uncommon to bungee-clip deco bottles to them.

Your instructor will likely have strong opinions on all of this, so I would definitely ping them early on about this topic.

Yep, those are the standard approaches to AL tanks. Personally, I favor the dual ring approach on each side, but there's no clear consensus that I can tell. As far as the drop D rings, it's not uncommon to bungee-clip deco bottles to them.

Your instructor will likely have strong opinions on all of this, so I would definitely ping them early on about this topic.
Thanks, appreciate your help!

I took the sidemount course in the last month. Based on my experiences, the front two rings should be positioned for your AL tanks. As the tanks change buoyancy throughout the dive, they will likely need to be moved to the forward dring. The square attachment points I use for my steel tanks, as those have different buoyancy characteristics and need to set back further.

Привет,

Недавно я решил попробовать себя в боковом креплении. Я получил отличную скидку на Katana 2, я буду заниматься в основном дайвингом в теплую погоду с алюминиевым снаряжением. Я собираюсь брать уроки, но перед тем, как начать, я хочу убедиться, что мое снаряжение готово. Я прочитал несколько статей, в которых говорится, что Katana BC поставляется готовым, алюминиевый в мексиканском стиле, но я не понимаю, как это сделать, поскольку на поясном ремне есть только два фиксированных D-образных кольца, за исключением двух квадратных колец на спине.
Если я прав, квадратные D-образные кольца используются только для аксессуаров, а не для баллонов? Если это так, то мне нужно либо купить дополнительные D-образные кольца, либо заменить те, что на поясе, на скользящие кольца, чтобы я мог отрегулировать свои баллоны? Просто хочу убедиться, что у меня есть все необходимое для начала.

Спасибо за вашу помощь
Diverite sliding buckle

Attachments

• Screenshot_13.jpg
    Screenshot_13.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 14
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom