Hollis H160 DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DriverDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know if spare parts and service are available for the H160 from Hollis? I know they discontinued it some time ago.

Mine works just fine, but I never use it because I have a different one I prefer. I will sell you the whole thing at a good price to get it out of my garage.

Unfortunately I just bought one because the price was good and was just wondering if there was any support available. See my PM though...

I just heard back from huish, and they don't. Guess I'll use it until it breaks and attempt to rebuild and modify it.

I just heard back from huish, and they don't. Guess I'll use it until it breaks and attempt to rebuild and modify it.

Parts should be plentiful as there were a few of these sold. There are some people retrofitting UV and Gavin scooters to LiFe batteries and this is the route I would go over NiMh.

Parts should be plentiful as there were a few of these sold. There are some people retrofitting UV and Gavin scooters to LiFe batteries and this is the route I would go over NiMh.
That definitely looks attractive. I know you can get a longer run time from LiFe. I may have to acquire some new skills.

One thing I'd suggest you look into would be DiveX. My understanding is the Hollis scooters were actually manufactured by Dive-Xtras. Partially because of that, a lot of the parts overlap with the old Gavin, Mako, Tekna, and Silent Submersion scooters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom