Hollis F1 Fins for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hollis F1 Fins for sale, size XL with spring straps. Item is in Toronto, Canada, $80 plus shipping.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373937085.925995.jpg

Hi there.

Do you happen to know which generation these fins are; 1st or 2nd? I'm asking because from what I understand the first gen. fin was / is a lot more flexible compared to the second version.

thx.

Hi there.

Do you happen to know which generation these fins are; 1st or 2nd? I'm asking because from what I understand the first gen. fin was / is a lot more flexible compared to the second version.

thx.

Sorry I don't, to be honest I didn't even know they made 2 generations or if there was a significant difference between any of them. I have 3 pairs, 2XL and 1 pair of the XXL and I've never noticed a difference between any of them. The oldest pair I have is about 3 years old and the newest is about 1 year old. I've used them for wrecks and caves with no issues. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How does the foot pocket size compare with XL Jets?

If you don't know, what size shoe are you (US/UK) and what boots do you wear with them?

Any roughh idea on shipping cost to CONUS?

How does the foot pocket size compare with XL Jets?

If you don't know, what size shoe are you (US/UK) and what boots do you wear with them?

Any roughh idea on shipping cost to CONUS?

I do not have Jet Fins so i can't compare. Size 11 street shoes fit fine, with my rock boots though I had to go up a size to the XXL, are you going to be diving them wet or dry?

I'm not sure how much shipping would be, give me a zip code and I can check but it varies depending on where in the US you are. I would say if it came out to more than $20 I'd split the cost of shipping.

Wet

Is that UK 11 or US?

That is US. To be honest, unless you have massive feet diving wet they shouldn't be a problem. Where there is an issue is with some rock boots, the fin pocket is wide enough and deep enough but not tall enough, and that would need a XXL (which I also have a pair of).

I will check the shipping price and get back to you later today.

I'm a size 10 and I wore F1 XL in a 5mm boot with soles like these:

3mm & 5mm Low Top Pull-On Boot

I tightened the straps and they were ever so slightly loose on me but otherwise it was fine. This would probably fit someone a size 10-11 no problem.

To add to what the others said regarding sizing and Jets: The XL F1's are slightly smaller than an XL Jet. It's hard to compare them though since the Jet Fin is shaped like the foot of a cartoon clown, whereas the F1 is shaped like a human foot pocket. I where a US 10 neoprene boot with rubber sole, and the F1 L fits me perfectly. I dove the F1 XL and it also fit, but there was some wiggle. I didn't really notice it under water though. Unlike Jet Fins, the difference in size between the F1 L and XL isn't extreme enough to lose sleep over. If you aren't sure which you need, it probably means that either would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom