Hollis Elite 2 Set up with Cam Bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EstaDive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a Hollis Elite 2 package, and I need some advice on webbing the cam bands. The top cam band goes in just fine, but I can't figure out how to put in the bottom cam band. The wast strap goes the length of the backplate and bolts in, but that blocks the slots for the lower cam band. The backplate has a set of slots in the middle, but there is no corresponding set of slots in the wing to run the camband through.

The only way I could think to do it would be to buy an STA, but since this came as a package, it seems like it should all go together without extra parts.

The bottom tank strap goes on before the waststrap goes on. That's the way I did mine.

Do you bolt the waist strap? I couldn’t figure out how to bolt it on with the cam band in place.

DRI said to either buy a single tank adapter or to reweb without the waist strap bolted. I was worried about the grommet chafing the wetsuit and the cam band so I got some new 2” webbing and made new straps on each side and secured it by passing it back through the harness triglides.

I’m not really sure why they sell the package with the waist grommet and without the STA.

Did you ever figure this out? If you attach the tank straps first, I feel like it will block the waist cam band slots.

Back
Top Bottom