Hollis Elite 2 harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I have been using a Apeks WTX harness and Apeks wing with backplate for a while. When using a stage I find the d-rings are in a bad place on my WTX harness. There is very little adjustment so I have recently bough a Hollis Elite 2 which has loads of travel on the d-rings which should remove the problem.

This fits neatly onto my Apeks backplate. The problem I have is attaching the backplate to the wing. The hole on the waistbelt does not align with the hole on the wing. I can fix the the backplate to the wing but the the lower cam belt cannot go through the back plate as the waist belt covers the cambelt points on the wing. The upper cambelts are through the wing and backplate as should be the case. At present the lower cam belts can only go through the wing and not through the back plate. Any suggestions or is this harness not compatible with the Apeks wing?

Thanks

ajw19782005

I would get rid of the fancy harnesses and just use a single piece of webbing. This way you can put the D-rings where you want. I use an Apeks plate and wing but just the webbing and place the D-rings where needed.

On my elites, I put the cam strap behind the waist strap and leave the waist strap unattached at the grommet.

I would get rid of the fancy harnesses and just use a single piece of webbing. This way you can put the D-rings where you want. I use an Apeks plate and wing but just the webbing and place the D-rings where needed.
While one piece has its place and I have them on a few of my plates, "fancy harnesses" do too. Besides AJW already has the Elite 2.

On my elites, I put the cam strap behind the waist strap and leave the waist strap unattached at the grommet.
Hi Waterone,

Thanks for your reply. It is possible for you to send me a picture. I kind of understand what your are saying but the waist band when threaded the plate will obstruct the long cuts for the cam band. Or am I missing the point. I will attach some pictures this evening to show what I am saying (9am here in uk), unless you beat me to it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom