Hollis DG03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked

Extreme Non-poster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I'm in the market for a new computer. I had a Dive Rite Nitek duo and loved it. Unfortunately it passed away recently (rip). I was recommended the Hollis DG03 because it's similar.
Opinions?
Recommendations?
Criticisms?

I have never seen any negative words when it comes to DG03. i have done an intensive search in SB and all other forms, magazines and so on.

when i finaly deside to but it, went to the dealer, he told me that it is " discontinued " !! i still don't know if thats is worldwide or just that perticular shop. since i was in the lion cage already * he is an Oceanic dealer too * i left the shop with Geo 2.0.

i could have left the shop and buy it online but at that time i was new to diving. based on what i know now, dive computers almost never break down.

I had a DG03 and sold it. Try to find a nitek trio, Zeagle N2ition or Apeks quantum. Things I did not like about the DG03...
It beeped at you like crazy if you got near NDL.
It still beeped even when you had a significant depth change and you were close to NDL (went from 100 to 60 up a wall and was still beeping at me with 20 minutes NDL)
It flashes PP02 alarms before you get to the set PP02. EX NX 32 starts beeping at 1.2 rather than 1.4, even when set at 1.4.
In gauge mode there is no stopwatch function.
GC.

I had a DG03 and sold it. Try to find a nitek trio, Zeagle N2ition or Apeks quantum.
The trio would have been my first choice cause I was very happy with the duo. But unfortunately Dive Rite discontinued it.

Back
Top Bottom