Hollis DC2 212 Swivel Reg. and Oceanic Swiv Octo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkstorm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a nearly new Hollis DC2 212 Regulator (with second stage swivel) and an Oceanic Swiv Octopus (with magnetic holder) for sale. Both have been used for ten dives only.

We bought this set-up new for my wife prior to our Cozumel trip last month but she decided to stick with her Mares set-up. My wife and I switched and I dove this reg for one dive and can tell you that it is something to behold. Its the easiest breathing regulator I've ever tried -- especially at 80fsw+. Its simply amazing!

The DC2 212 features an environmentally sealed first stage with four low pressure and two high pressure ports which are cleverly located for easy hose routing; and a second stage with a dive/pre-dive switch, breathing resistance control knob and a swivel to reduce jaw fatigue.

The Swiv Octo is very low profile and features a magnetic holder that is pretty cool.

These items look new. I didn't even have a chance to register the warranty yet so the Hollis warranty card will be included.

$250.00 for the Hollis DC2 212 reg

$75.00 for the Oceanic Swiv octo.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Attachments

• Hollis Reg Lg.jpg
    Hollis Reg Lg.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Oceanic Octo Lg.jpg
    Oceanic Octo Lg.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 120
You said it was something to behold. Can I ask why you decided to stick with the Mares when you give this such a good review?

I don't mean to sound insulting I really want to know.

Thanks,

That is not insulting at all.

The reason my wife decided to stick with her Mares (V32/Proton Metal) is that she didn't like the adjustable resistance and dive/pre-dive settings on the Hollis reg. She decided it was too many things to think about.

I, on the other hand, loved having the adjustability. I thought it was very simple and once I set it to my liking the breathing resistance was sublime and I didn't think about it for the rest of the dive. I suppose its why they make vanilla and chocolate.

I even considered hanging on to it for myself but for reasons of pure economics I decided to sell it rather than my Mares MR22 Abyss which has 50+ dives on it.

The Hollis reg is SOLD pending payment. Octopus is still available.

The Hollis reg is SOLD. Octopus is still available.

I am locking this thread and will re-post the octopus separately. Thank you for your feedback member: marvin.denney and enjoy the reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom