Hollis 212/dc3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am selling the propably what might be the finest reg availabe, a Hollis 212/dc3. I am not wanting to sell but have too since I refinanced my house. My old lender has sent out my tax disbursement and my new lender wants all of the tax paid at closing since the county has not received my 09 taxes. This has put a dampener in my diving and gifts for family, until I get a refund from 1 of the lenders, and from what I have gathered that could be a couple months away.

The Hollis 212/DC3 is only a couple months old with maybe 10 dives on it. It has worked fawlessly. The first stage is the DC3 non-swivel, DIN stage similar to the DC1 swivel counter part. What sets this reg apart is the second stage, it's the non-swivel version, so you can replace the short hose with a 7' or 5' hose, see photo below.

I am asking $290 for the Hollis 212/DC3 with standard second stage hose. I will also sell the 7' Miflex hose with SS bolt snap for $70 more, but I will not sell the 7' hose by itself.

Attachments

• PC120061.JPG
    PC120061.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 123
  • PC120063.JPG
    PC120063.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 105
  • PC120068.JPG
    PC120068.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 104
I am not trying to sound like an A-hole but you are essentially asking the same price as new and more than new for the hose (hose = $60 new and bolt snap = $6 new). Anyone that buys it is going to have no warranty and, even though it was only used for 10 dives, it is still used. What would be the advantage of buying used if new is available for the same price? Sorry if I sound like a jerk. I would be interested if there was advantage to buying your used reg over a brand new one.

Actually I am asking for the same price as buying from any online retailer that is not a authorized dealer. What are you expecting from the Warranty just of curiousity, have you read it? Does not sound like you have.

Hollis Scuba Gear and technical diving equipment and supplies to help those you share our desire for diving begin their journey, wherever it may lead.

Just because the online retailers are having sale, do you think, that is the normal price come January? I got this regulator from dive shop for $450 plus change. If you don't like what I am asking for it, you don't have to buy; much less tell me I am asking too much. If I don't sell it, I don't sell, that is my problem.

Just because I am in a minor pinch money, does not make me desperate for money. I need the extra money because my refinance took away either bill money or gift money. If I buy gifts then I don't have enough for bills that are due after the holidays. I have most of holiday gifts for my family, and now I am short on money for friend's gifts. I was planning to buy my dive buddgy a complete new Hollis reg set, but instead I might have to give him a first and second stage without octo and spg. He is a active Scubaboard user, and has been looking for new reg set; so Thanks for be annoying and spoiling his Christmas.

If I was desperate for money, I would not be selling my scuba regulator, I would sell my customer chopper.

I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom