Hola from Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nik in Spain

Registered
Reaction score
..yet another newbie in need of much advice..but let's start with a quick intro : Not sure if to do this in the AA style or just give you all some data, well here we go - 55 y.o., married, 2 children, really bad bodymass index, as in overweight 102kg, shortish, 1.72m , halfspanish but brought up in different countries. I took some diving classes 40 years ago that make modern diving look like a sissy party..I mean - who needs a jacket and an octopus, right ;-) ? All four of us did a rather hazardous DSD in Nerja this year and those of us who really liked the idea of flying underwater will go for the OWD next year, despite the nightmare. My wife refuses flat out to ever put on a bottle again, hopefully I can change her mind over the next few years. My daughter is 10, so cannot legally take a OWD in our community, Andalucia, my son is 13 next year, so hopefully the rules can be bend (slightly broken..), as you need to be 14 before you can go diving with a bottle (national law is 16 y.o., most regions with their own law in Spain are far below, but have less sun , so for the moment we stay where we are..). I could go on for a good few hours more but my wife says we got to get some food on the table for those starving kids, so that's it for today.

Small steps in solving the issues no doubt.
Welcome to Scubaboard.

Thanks for the welcome, Compressor..a few days have past since my first post, the world has changed (doesn't it always) and all those images of people wearing masks in India and China because of pollution don't seem so strange anymore. The kids have grown, I'm just older...let's see if I manage to post something on this forum - and if I get some replies as well...

Back
Top Bottom