Hola from Houston, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skeleton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got my open water cert after a visit to La Jolla. Looking forward to increasing my education through gulf coast and west coast fishy time. Figured I would drop in here and make an account since I used this forum a lot researching gear, opinions, fads, tips, tricks, safety, experience advancement, etc. It's been helpful. :)

Hoping to find a good place down south to expand my horizons and gain experience.

Mornin mornin! Thanks for the welcome and the links! I will definitely check them out, especially the Houston one since while I am in town my schedule will be limited due to work eating my soul and a few other hobbies. :)

So I hear the diving is almost non-existent in Houston outside of rig dives and anything 20m off shore? Expected as much really, never been a fan of the mud puddle, but I have also never seen it off shore either.

howdy and welcome from Southeast Florida....

Welcome. I did some shore diving years ago at the SPI jetty, but not good. Decent shore diving begins East of Mobile Bay and into the FL Panhandle. Good luck.

Thanks! Guess it's a good thing I am primarily built for the colder waters of southern CA then lol. Luckily I get to head out that way quite a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom