Hola desde Uruguay!! Hello!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marina_uy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Marina, I'm 30 years old and I live in Uruguay. I am a student of the degree in biological sciences with a specialty in paleontology.
Not only do I enjoy the sea, whether swimming, diving, studying it or just contemplating it, but I would like to take it to the professional field on the coasts of Uruguay and the world!
(that is what my about you says)
But also I'm looking for my first equipment (only fins + boots, snorkel and mask)
and i'm going crazy!!
You will see my silly questions in the forum because diving is not very widespread in my country and I don't even have a specialized store where I can go to ask, few stores sell diving equipment and sellers don't know about it
And excuse me if I write badly something, my level of English is intermediate and I use the google translator when I'm not sure how to write something.
greetings to all from Uruguay!!!

Hola desde Nueva Escosia en Canada. Como es el buceo en Uruguay? El Oceano Atlantico es caliente o frio?
Muchas conchas bonitas? Estoy un colector.

Hola desde Nueva Escosia en Canada. Como es el buceo en Uruguay? El Oceano Atlantico es caliente o frio?
Muchas conchas bonitas? Estoy un colector.
Hola!!! en estas latitudes es frio en general y además en Uruguay tenemos muy baja visibilidad porque casi toda nuestra costa es un estuario y hay mucho movimiento de sedimentos . Es por esos dos motivos que aquí no hay buceo turístico... te diría que solo hay buceo comercial y algo en la armada (la marina)

Despite low water temperatures in Uruguay, a set of underwater swimming equipment used to be manufactured by Bafico-Aquagom, a manufacturer of rubber goods and domestic appliances in the nation's capital Montevideo.

I have just compiled a short publication dedicated to the diving mask, breathing tube and swim fins in the Aquagom range and posted online at Aquagom Album. The underwater product line is used by a young freediver in the 2016 coming-of-age novel Tesoro by Carlos Rehermann, a prizewinning Uruguayan novelist and playwright.

Hola!!! en estas latitudes es frio en general y además en Uruguay tenemos muy baja visibilidad porque casi toda nuestra costa es un estuario y hay mucho movimiento de sedimentos . Es por esos dos motivos que aquí no hay buceo turístico... te diría que solo hay buceo comercial y algo en la armada (la marina)
Thanks, I actually understood all that!
What about the summer water temperature of the ocean?
(Que es la temperatura del oceano en Verano?).

La agua oscura te va hacer mejor en el buceo. Vas a valorar la agua del caribe cuando llegas ahi.

Bienvenidos.

Thanks, I actually understood all that!
What about the summer water temperature of the ocean?
(Que es la temperatura del oceano en Verano?).
in the summer it is ok around 20ºC in the ocean in the east coast and a few degrees more in the mixed water of the estuary on the south coast (it is an unusual estuary... less salty)

La agua oscura te va hacer mejor en el buceo. Vas a valorar la agua del caribe cuando llegas ahi.

Bienvenidos.
jajaja gracias todos dicen eso. mi instructor dice que el que bucea en montevideo (la capital donde hay cero visibilidad) despues bucea donde sea jaja
No puedo esperar a ver esas aguas claras y hermosas ♥♥

in the summer it is ok around 20ºC in the ocean in the east coast and a few degrees more in the mixed water of the estuary on the south coast (it is an unusual estuary... less salty)
Thanks. That's about what our warmest summer water temperatures are here in NS--We're a little further North of the Equator than you are South of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom