HOG Wing Recall?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A number of manufacturers have had recalls dealing with spring corrosion in the OPV valves, they probably all come from the same source. It's a good excuse to replace it with the OPV from DSS, with the nice thick cord.

I put a DSS OPV on my HOG #38 doubles wing and really like it.

I had purchased it for my HOG #32, but the basic OPV kit didn't fit. I'm assuming the kit with the additional hex / double nut will fit the #32 wing, but don't know for certain. Tobin?

I haven't been directly in touch with HOG / Edge, but spoke to the retailer today. They informed me that they were in the process of identifying / contacting customers who purchased the wing in question and sending out replacement springs, which is how many of the the other affected manufacturers handled the matter.

Hope this is helpful.

I'm hoping they aren't requiring that the wing be sent back to them (only because it's a PITA).

Thanks a million for posting the find.:wink:

I put a DSS OPV on my HOG #38 doubles wing and really like it.

I had purchased it for my HOG #32, but the basic OPV kit didn't fit. I'm assuming the kit with the additional hex / double nut will fit the #32 wing, but don't know for certain. Tobin?

Sorry, I don't really know. I've never seen the Hog wings, and I have no idea if they are all the same.

Tobin

They aren't requiring the wing be returned to them from the looks of it.

Might want to move your questions to this thread.... Chris Richardson from EDGE HOG started this thread on the recall. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/edge-gear/356519-edge-bcd-hog-wing-recall.html

EDIT: Thanks craracer. Yep. I meant that thread. Link fixed above for others reading.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom