HOG Tech 2 Fin vs Hollis F1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech3324

Lionfish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I like my Hollis F1's, but find the foot pocket cramps the top of my foot due to my high instep. The foot pocket of the HOG Tech 2 appears to be taller (in pictures).

Can anyone comment on the relative sizes of the F1 and Tech 2 foot pockets. I'm looking at the XL size in both fins.

Thanks for any info.

I know the XXL Hog Tech 2 Fins are for sizes 13 and up according to DGE.

As to the difference between the XL F-1's and XL HOG's ( I have both here now) the HOG pocket is perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch taller and the material is a somewhat softer.
Thanks Jim, that's the confirmation I was looking for. I'm going to try a pair of the HOG's.

They are nice fins. I've sold a few pairs and those who've gotten them are pleased with them. They make a nice travel fin as well. Short enough to fit in many carryons or strapped to the side of one like I do.
Shoot me a pm if you want a quote with shipping. I could get the black ones in XL on their way to you tomorrow.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Jim,

How heavy are the Tech 2 fins compare to Hollis F2?

Tks in advance!

And also, how negative are the new Hog Tech 2 fins in salt water? Compared to, for example, Jets.

I can't say about salt water as I have not had them in it yet. But they are slightly negative in fresh. I'm going to guess they are close to neutral but don't take that as gospel. I don't get to wrapped up in neg vs positive vs neutral as I can easily adjust for that. And negative fins are not going to make that much difference if you buy new boots that are positive as heck or allow too much air into your drysuit feet.

As to weight the HOG's are 3lbs 3 oz each for the XL's on my postal scale compared to 3lbs 15 ounces for the F-1's in XL. so 12 ounces each or so lighter. Maybe enough to make a real difference on some flights.

That will vary a little with different sizes. For example the medium HOG's are 2 lbs 7 ounce each.

I don't have the specs for the F-2's so you'd have to ask someone who has a set of them to weigh them.

Found an old post from last year where someone gave weights on the F-2's have no idea how accurate it is. F2 Fins [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

I have both. I got my Hog tech 2 from Jim (thanks) Its a great fin. I took on vacation it cause I was doing wreck diving and wanted to have something small and gave me control.

But.... I was doing some rec diving while on vacation and got into a strong current situation. They lack the power of an F1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom