Hog Tec 2 or Hollis F2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scotthowes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I need new fin for diving in lakes and rivers . I metal detect so I need to go slow but also need power to get to and back most of my dives are walk in . I like rubber fins have had split fins I waste to much time and energy going from A to B with the splits

OOPSie. I mean't F1s. I wouldn't buy F2s. HOGS are very nice.

Last edited:
I have both. F2s have more power, and are heavier than HOG TEC2.....easy to back-kick with. HOGs are more compact and easier to NOT-silt out with.

That's unusual--for a fin that is more compact to also have more power. I have F2s that I bought for travel, and my wife has HOG Tec2s, but I don't think we have ever swapped fins for comparison. I no longer use the F2s.

That's unusual--for a fin that is more compact to also have more power. I have F2s that I bought for travel, and my wife has HOG Tec2s, but I don't think we have ever swapped fins for comparison. I no longer use the F2s.

Yes, and I am a dumbo. Thanks for sorting me out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom