HOG service overseas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArmyDiver01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm currently living in Germany and interested in several of the HOG products, however I have concerns about being able to get services done. I did check with the store locator and it showed a single shop a couple of hours away from me. Normally I wouldn't see this as a problem, however it looks like that shop is no longer in business.

So my questions i guess are these:

-Is it possible for me to get certified remotely(online course) to do my own services?
-If it's not possible, does it void the warranty of the equipment if I have a non-hog dealer do the services or do them myself?

Sent you a DM.

Are HOG and deep6 regs the same just rebadged?

-Z

No, Chris Richardson used to work for HOG and designed their regulators but moved on and established Deep 6 Gear as a separate and distinct company.

About Us

No, Chris Richardson used to work for HOG and designed their regulators but moved on and established Deep 6 Gear as a separate and distinct company.

About Us

Good read...I knew some of that such as Chris used to be with HOG and is now owner of D6....I was just wondering why the link to the D6 service manual in the post I responded to when the title of the discussion thread was for HOG regs. I know there is similarity across designs from reading the Harlowe and Wolfinger books as well as studying various manufacturer service manuals. It just seemed odd that to link to D6 when the OP was specifically asking about HOG.

-Z

I wonder if one of the Instructors would be willing to do a virtual training session? I know one company was working on that option...

I wonder if one of the Instructors would be willing to do a virtual training session? I know one company was working on that option...
This is actually what I assume best case scenario would be for me. I don't expect there to be any service centers near me and it would be foolish to expect any company to honor the warranty when an untrained person does the services.

Back
Top Bottom