Hog Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aguablanco1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings,
I took advantage of the Hog reg sale and bought the D1 Classic second stage. Now I am wondering if this will be okay with my Oceanic first stage. The second is an Oceanic GT3. I bought them as a set a few years ago. I was going to have the whole unit serviced right after I put the Hog on. Anything I should know before I do this? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
RichH

I hooked mine up to a Cressi 1st stage with a Cressi 2nd stage for a few dives without issue. I've since moved the Cressi 1st stage to a pony and replaced it with a HOG 1st stage. I just ordered another Hog 2nd stage from the sale so I can take the Cressi 2nd stage out of the rig. So I had no issues mixing and matching between Cressi and Hog 1st and 2nd stages. I doubt there'll be any issues just because yours is Oceanic.

With a very few exceptions 1st do not care or know what second is there as long as they are tuned to each other properly. Same for seconds. There have been some issues with some hoses not fitting on some 1st stages but this is a 1st/hose design issue not 1st 2nd comparability issue

As long as your tech services both Oceanic and Hog, things should be fine.

Thanks for the info.
RichH

As an Oceanic tech and HOG reg tech instructor I can tell you there will not be any problems. As long as the IP on the Oceanic is set correctly you'll be fine. You may want to check the tuning on the second after the Oceanic is serviced just to be sure. Adjusting the cracking pressure on the classic second is not hard but you need to make sure you press the purge button while doing it if you do need to adjust the orifice.

Thanks Jim. I will make sure to speak with the tech and let him know my thoughts. I really appreciate all the responses.
Thanks,
RichH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom