HOG Razorbak vs Razorbak Frameless Mask vs SeaDive® UltraVision-SL??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Father

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was going to pick up the HOG Razorback frameless single pane. A friend let me borrow his and it fit well enough, even though it fogged up like crazy. The price is very reasonable. I wasn't crazy about the thin strap but that's an easy enough fix or I could just get used to it.

It looks a lot like a re-branded Sherwood Rona and Tilos Excel with a different strap.

I've had relatively good luck with HOG so far (D3 reg and Zenith second stage). Some minor issues, but nothing to turn me off the brand.

I'm currently using a ScubaPro Spectra and it's a miserable POS. I've hated it, but put up with it, since I got it over 9 months ago. It rides up on my face and gives me a crazy pain across my brow. I've done every adjustment possible with it. It just doesn't fit me right.

I was on DGX and saw these other two that were fairly close in price.
Dive Rite Frameless Single Pane Mask - $45.00

SeaDive® UltraVision-SL Frameless Mask - $49.95

Wondering if anyone has used any of these and what your take is on them.

Last edited:
I have the DR mask and use the HOG as a backup. They are both very good, although I favor the DR. That being said, unless you have a smaller face, the HOG will work better. The DR is kind of small and covers more of the upper lip, so if you have a moustache, the DR can take a little getting used to and is harder to get a good seal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good to know.
I have a mustache, but my face is smaller/more narrow than the guy who let me borrow his HOG mask.

Yes, I do as well. The DR is still my favorite. A little petroleum jelly on your lip or a trim, and you're good to go. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom