Hog just makes sense to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarnett51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been diving for 21 years now and always recreational. I've got very nice, comfortable equipment but dang it. I can't help but think the hog configuration is a better system. Everything about it makes sense to me. It seems easier and better suited for emergency situations.

I'm so close to switching over but haven't made the leap yet. I've gone to a bungie necklace and long hose. But that's it. Decisions decisions. .. It just makes sense

Are you happy with what you have and is it holding up? If it's time to upgrade it's certainly an option to consider. By now you have a style and if it's working for you the payback may not be that significant.

My gear is in good shape. BUT it's cumbersome and cluttered. That would be my only reason to switch. I want to simplify!

How often do you have emergency situations? I do agree the less cluttered your rig the better try just taking what you need for your dive.
There are somethings I take on every dive but everyone has different diving envrios so some of what is needed in NE isn't going to be in FL.

After 21 years I would think you should have the best rig for your type of diving by now, no? I know I did, for the times anyway. I dive a different rig now but that was because needed to upgrade over time. I guess it comes down to how much money you have to spend on a whim.

How often do you have emergency situations? I do agree the less cluttered your rig the better try just taking what you need for your dive.
There are somethings I take on every dive but everyone has different diving envrios so some of what is needed in NE isn't going to be in FL.

After 21 years I would think you should have the best rig for your type of diving by now, no? I know I did, for the times anyway. I dive a different rig now but that was because needed to upgrade over time. I guess it comes down to how much money you have to spend on a whim.

Well it's not really about my gear. Yes I have good stuff. I just think Ill be happier simplifying. Nobody I know dives with a bp/w so it's kind of new to me.

KISS (keep it simple stupid) always wins in my book. Go hog, you wont regret it.

I did it 5 yrs ago and have no regrets.

I understand the pain of buying twice. That's what kept me from switching many years ago. I gave it all away when I retired from diving (wife had cancer) so that if God ever allowed me to dive again, I'd be able to go Hog. No regrets.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom