hog drysuit (predator??)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have found a few threads that are from 2009 or so. But has anyone bought one recently or have any comments if they own one? I am looking for a drysuit and it looks like I can probably get one for ~$1250 or so. I would like to look at one before I decide to buy, but I can't find one to look at. Which that could be good or bad just by itself. The price seems good and anything else I have looked at jumps up to around $2300 and just keeps going up after that.

I have tried looking for used suits, but I am not exactly a stock size. I guess the HOG's are also made by USIA, which people say are decent suits and are pretty close to custom suits the way they are made.

Thanks for any help.....

Also looking for recent reviews but not a whole lot of luck... Here's a bump and hoping that someone will see this and write a good review. :D

Well I just received my suit and had it in the pool last night. I sent my measurements in with my order and it fits very nice. The boots were not quite what I was expecting, but they should be fine. The pockets seem like they are a nice size, even though I have not put anything in them yet. The suit is triple stitched and all the seams and stitching on the inside are taped over and sealed.

I was a little worried when I ordered it, but I am happy I did.

USCScubaboy, I usually dive redondo and Laguna so if you are lucky you might spot the suit sooner or later.

There is only one person on the entire west coast that i know who recently got a HOG suit. And the first ever sighting of such an elusive dry suit was in an industiral park parking lot in Huntington Bch. Never thought that I would see one under those conditions. Anyway, if this is you Bryan then I was the guy with the DUI TLS350. If this is not Bryan then sorry for the hijack.

Minus the funky looking boots I liked the feel and quality of the construction. It's a bilam suit but I've owned a Hollis BioDry so I can't complain. Spg01 let us know how it held up on your Vet's Park dive. Also did you use a Hollis 100g undergarment

If it was in the XS parking lot with Roc, that was me!

Last night went reasonably well for the first time out of the pool. I do have my work cut out for me, but it should be fun. I did dive the 100g and it was OK. The water temp only got down to about 58F @ 75', I was hoping for low 50's just to see how the 100g would do. I can't wait for next week to try again.

Spg01, Ok yeah we met. I did like the overall workmanship of the suit. It felt really durable. My hope is that it's comfortable and drys in a reasonable amount of time. I ordered mine without the cuffs and with turbo soles. I may not be the prettiest thing but I'm hoping to get the best of both worlds. Comfy and durable.

nice meeting you. Hope to see you at Vet's. If you are ever up for a dive at Shaws Cove one Sunday hit me up here.

After the night dive and hanging it in the shower until morning just about the whole suit was dry. The neoprene neck warmer was the only part that was not dry. I am interested to see how the turbo soles turn out though.

I will have to take you up on a shaws dive some weekend. Vets is ok at night, but nothing compared to Laguna.

I have a USIA suit *same as yours*. They are not 'decent suits" they are top quality, military spec suits. I have an older techniflex *similar to yours* with the same boots and it has survived 300 dives with no problems what so ever. They don't offer any ankle support, but they are durable and will last. *these are the boots with the definitive heel

I have a USIA suit *same as yours*. They are not 'decent suits" they are top quality, military spec suits. I have an older techniflex *similar to yours* with the same boots and it has survived 300 dives with no problems what so ever. They don't offer any ankle support, but they are durable and will last. *these are the boots with the definitive heel

Glad to hear everything is holding up well.

Look at my avatar. That's a HOG suit under the ice in Whitestar Quarry in Ohio. Sold my OS Systems and switched to it with no regrets. I gave another on order for a customer now. Should be in very soon. Fall and DEMA tend to slow things down a bit when getting a drysuit in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom