Closed Sold-HOG Drysuit

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
HOG Drysuit made by USIA. This is the same suit as the USIA Techniflex which sells new for around $2200. Suit is stock size large short which will fit someone up to 5'10". I have attached the size chart in the pictures. I am just over 5'7" and the legs have always been a little long but with a 43 inch chest a medium would have been way too tight. Seals were replaced by Superior Drysuit repair about 3 years ago. Wrist seals are commercial grade latex in excellent shape and trimmed slightly. Neck seal is standard recreational thickness and trimmed quite a bit. You'll need to replace it as it also has a small tear (fingernail) I fixed with Aquaseal that worked fine but it is sized for my neck. Zipper is in great shape and always cleaned and waxed using pharmaceutical grade beeswax. Seals always cleaned and conditioned with McNett seal saver after every outing. It was pressure tested when the seals were done and no leaks were found. Boots are US size 9/10 as I used this with the heavy 4th Element socks. Size L fins fit. There is a light monkey unbalanced pee valve on the right leg with tubing that has been cleaned and sanitized. Pockets have zippers as shown. Suspenders are included. This has the telescoping torso to aid in getting into it. Front entry as seen with main zipper cover. Also has covers on the wrist and boot attachment points. I am selling this because I am not doing as much cold water diving and for the last two years have been using my Otter Britannic II suit as it fits me better. There is nothing wrong with this suit. I was holding onto it as a back up to the Otter. I am also no longer teaching deep or Deco classes and do not see the need to keep a backup drysuit now. This is a great opportunity to get into a high end suit at a reasonable price even with the neck seal replacement being required. I will also consider reasonable offers. This price includes shipping in the US. I just decided it's time to see this suit go to someone who will use it.
I have more pics. SB said some of them were too big to load. I can email them to you.
Price lowered 10/17/2021 I want to see someone use this suit so I've lowered the price.

Attachments

• IMG_4055_0448 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4055_0448 - Copy.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4058_0451 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4058_0451 - Copy.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4061_0454 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4061_0454 - Copy.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4064_0457.JPG
    IMG_4064_0457.JPG