HMCS MacKenzie - dive operator or dive club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
we have developed a virtual dive for the HMCS Yukon in San Diego and now we are working on her sister ship HMCS MacKenzie.

So far we have developed the 3D model of the ship (similar to the one of the Yukon) and 3d map of the dive site.

We are looking for local experts to help us with this project. We need recent images of the ship and marine life.

Who are the local dive operators serving the HMCS MacKenzie?
Is there any dive club in the Sidney area?

Best Regards,

AM

I think pretty much all local charters go there. As far as schedules, Ogden Point Dive Center has been going there (and the G.B. Church wreck) every Sunday for years. I don't know if the other shops go there on schedule or more randomly. I've only been there maybe 2 times and not for a few years.

I've dove the Mackenzie and the GB Church. Both times the diving was arranged through Ogden Point. I'm sure they are not the only ones who go there, but their staff is very familiar with the wreck. For those who have never been there the Mackenzie is a great dive!

I think pretty much all local charters go there. As far as schedules, Ogden Point Dive Center has been going there (and the G.B. Church wreck) every Sunday for years. I don't know if the other shops go there on schedule or more randomly. I've only been there maybe 2 times and not for a few years.

I swankenstein,
thank you for the info.

I sent you a PM too

Best Regards

AM

..... Both times the diving was arranged through Ogden Point. ....

Hi,
thank you for the info.

I looked at their website but could not find any name - just a phone number.

Do you know who should I contact specifically at the store to discuss a business collaboration?

Thank You

AM

Talk to Erin, he's the owner.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom