hiya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgmonk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just moved to Koh Tao and I'm finishing up my DM here. I love the diving in Thailand, but I hear about loads of reefs relatively untouched nearby. Koh Tao is great for teaching, but all the students are butchering our reefs. Even Chumpon has awesome diving, I'm told. Koh Lantao as well (on the W side). I really want to get around when I have some spare time. Any advice about good live-aboards or good trips to take for long weekends?

How about this...

Three favorite locations to dive Thailand (dive site name optional)

Favorite dive trip you've taken (live aboard, shore diving from a town, dive shop, etc)

Most likely spot you've seen in Thailand to be ruined withing 5 years from over use

Favorite dive location outside of Thailand, but within a day's travel

:popcorn:

let's hear it

mgmonk:

In no particular order:

Ko Bon/Tachai/Richelieu area.

Lo Sin

Chum Phon Pinnacle.

mgmonk:
Favorite dive trip you've taken (live aboard, shore diving from a town, dive shop, etc)

Favourite liveaboard - MV Tapana.

Favourite dive shop - One Stop Dive Centre (Ao Nang, Krabi), Zcuba Tech (Bangkok).

mgmonk:
Most likely spot you've seen in Thailand to be ruined withing 5 years from over use

Too numerous to mention...

mgmonk:

Seven Skies wreck.

mgmonk:
1 - Koh Ha, off Lanta - beautiful group of small islands with numerous options. Great martine life too - sea-horses, robust & ornate ghostpipefish, frogfish, leopard sharks, octopus, harlequin shrimp etc.etc.
2 - Hin Daeng/Hin Muang - famous southern sites in deep water with good chances of mantas and whale sharks. Also good macro stuff - mantis shrimp, frogfish, zebra morays, leopard sharks.
3 - Chumphon Pinnacles - had some great dives here with the grey reefs and the odd whale shark too, also seen pictures of a whale here (Bryde's, I think).
[/LIST]
mgmonk:
Koh Ha - have yet to visit the Similans though. If you make it to Lanta check out these guys - best boat on the island.
mgmonk:
Samui
mgmonk:
Not sure, but would look in to the Perhentians, very easy to get to from Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom