Historical Port Closures by month/year for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As promised, here is the historical data for number of days the port has been closed. Sorry, I only went back to 2010 - that's a good solid sample :)

So - a few things to keep in mind with this sampling:
  1. This includes full day closures as well as partial day closures. So divers were actually able to get out on some of these days.
  2. These numbers represent the total number of days the port was closed each month - these were not necessarily consecutive days. Some months there were single day closures or 2 day closures, etc.
  3. This sample includes port closures for the small boats (less than 30') - so it's possible that larger boats were able to get out on some of these days. I only have records for when WE were shut down from a "Norte"
  4. I only included months when "Nortes" can be present - so these closures only represent port closures for Nortes. Any other port closures would have been from tropical storm or hurricanes, and those are not a regular occurrence and can't really be predicted anyway.
  5. These numbers are based on dive logs for Blue XT~Sea Diving - I went back through the hard copies one by one, day by day, year by year. When there is a "Norte" - I note it in big red sharpie letters on the trip roster
  6. If it is not answered here, it's because I don't have the answer :)
27042980_10215374401261910_19444079_n.jpg

I hope you will find this information helpful.

See you on the boat!

Last edited:
No image!

Yes - if you see above I am asking for help with that :)

If it's a table in Word or an Excel spreadsheet, you can use print screen, paste into Word as an object, copy the object, and paste directly into SB.

If she prints the screen, she should be able to crop it only to the relevant information and post the picture from the camera icon. No need to use word or excel with all that copying and pasting.

If she prints the screen, she should be able to crop it only to the relevant information and post the picture from the camera icon. No need to use word or excel with all that copying and pasting.
Correct, I always use crop before copying and inserting. Depends on what native application the data is in before printing screen, of course.

Done :)

Last edited:
If it's a table in Word or an Excel spreadsheet, you can use print screen, paste into Word as an object, copy the object, and paste directly into SB.
Done

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom