Hip Relacement & recovery time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aussie_shark_bait

Contributor
Reaction score
My wonderful father who introduced me to diving when I was still a wee tadpole, will have to have a hip replacement. No one in our family knows anyone who has had one that dives as much or as often as my Dad. He kids himself that diving makes his hip feel BETTER!!! Althoug he can barely walk when he gets back from a two dive day trip.

Has anyone on SB had any firsthand or second third forth hand knowledge of recovery time, time beofre diving again etc..

He is a really fit 58yr old course director, runs his own Registered Training Organisation, he is a go go go man. He nor I can believe he may have to lay in Bed for a few days this man considers a sleep in if he is in bed past 7am on a weekend. His pain tolerance is amazing. They can't beleive with the damages the hip has that he hasn't had it done years ago. He was planning to do it in 5 years but now without being able to take Vioxx due to it increasing his bllod pressure he can only take panadol, so he thinks he may only be able to manage the pain for another two years tops.

Any experience anyone may want to share would be appreciated.

ASB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom