Hiking + Diving location for ~ 2 weeks? (beginner)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on my limited experience, i would suggest Hawaii -- i like the Big Island but i think any of them would work for you
Agree. Kuaui has some great trails on the north side, also Waimea Canyon and kayaking down the Waimea River.

Others:
Fiji
French Polynesia (Tahiti/Bora Bora/Moorea)
St. Lucia
Dominica - I haven't been there but I hear its natural beauty topside is amazing.

Good luck!

PS I wouldn't worry to much about hiking after diving if you're relatively fit. You won't have a huge elevation change at most of the places listed. Just take it easy the first 24 hours after diving.

Pacific Coast of Costa Rica? We've been twice to the Guanacaste region, and after diving, we headed up to the Arenal Volcano on one trip.

Maui, Kona and Kauai all have extensive hiking as well as easy boat diving. Maui and Kona also have a lot of shore dive options. Cheap(er) local flights so you could do a week on 2 of them, each is different.

Chilly's suggestion of Belize also, do some dives off Anbergris then move to the mainland (puddle jumper or ferry) and hike in South Belize, there's the Mayan ruins, several nature preserves (jaguars, hiowler monkeys etc. Plus there's also some diving but the boat rides are an hour+ to the good stuff. Splash Dive ib Placencia can set it uo, pick you up at the airport and for diving and their sister company does the jungle toours.

For more money Hamanasi does both. Ajso Suthwest flies there direct from several US origins now,

Maybe the BVI;s also but not Cuan Law unless you wanted to mostly dive with a few hike options, some of the islands are pretty tiny.

It's actually not a bad land option, fly to St Thomas then Fast Ferry to the BV's. Lots of mountain hikes on Virgin Gorda and DiveBVI dives about 6-7 other islands. We went deep once all week but most dives were 40-80' Quie a few good wrecks also. Spend a 2nd week on Tortola - it's a long hillly island also. From either the fast ferries get you back to STT in time for a noonish flight - only about an hour ride/customs.

My nephew is an avid hiker/diver/biker. They did both in Costa Rica, even surfing. Somewhere near Guanacaste also.

Oh yes, definitely get in touch with Patti at Splash Divers in Placencia to explore options, if you decide to go to Belize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom