Wanted Highland SS quick release tank strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Precisely why I want one Akimbo, SP style buckle for the bottom and cam band for the top.
I've always used SB ones but these open on the outside compared to the SB one which opens on the inside so I think it might be easier to deal with.

Was gonna use a bandsaw to make the mod

Was gonna use a bandsaw to make the mod

Wow, watch your fingers! It would be very easy for it to "catch" and do unpredictable things, especially since stainless is so gummy. I suppose you could clamp it to a fixture to hold it vertical and solid.

I think that Northeast Scuba Supply Store sells the Highland bands separately rather than in pairs: Highland S/S Cam Bands

Glad I looked at this thread; I have the Highland SS bands with a double hose rig I am setting up; struggled with them last night (vertically on a workbench); going to do these mods before trying out the rig on a boat/drift dive out of Jupiter on Monday. Thanks @Akimbo.

struggled with them last night (vertically on a workbench)

Several friends worked with me to develop the Cam Buckle Assembly Instructions. We discovered that laying the plate on the deck or bench and setting the cylinder on the BC (wing or jacket) is much easier for some divers -- especially with any style band that open. Try it and see if it helps.

This trick is especially useful for petite divers or those with minor physical limitations like arthritis or injured fingers.

Wow, watch your fingers! It would be very easy for it to "catch" and do unpredictable things, especially since stainless is so gummy. I suppose you could clamp it to a fixture to hold it vertical and solid.

Pair of channel locks no probs

Thanks for the link for the single cam band

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom