Hid Diy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msedivingdoc

Reaction score
I know there are several posts about DIY canister lights, but I'm looking for plans for an HID light and would like to get in contact with someone who has actually built a working light. This will be my first venture into DIY so I would like it to go off with as little of a hitch as possib;le. So If anyone is up to the challange and a couple of as*anign questions, please respond. I need plans and sites for parts and also a working price for the total project. Thanks in advance for any help!

You wil find that your biggest problem will be getting an inexpensive source for the light and ballast. Since all lights presently out there use the Welch-Allyn Solarc ballast/bulb, and the only way to get them - other than paying retail for the parts at a dive/bicycle shop - is to buy a $500 developer 5-pack.
Looking for others trying to find a cheaper source for bulbs and spliting up a developers pack is prob. the way to go.
I looked at building a light, but ended up buying a UK Light Cannon (which I am having problems with, btw).
Regards,
Greg

These guys here probably have the information you're looking for. There's a whole forum discussion on HID parts, with that knowledge down the waterproofing should be easy.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom