Hi there. New to ScubaBoard.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aurora schein

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey my name is Aurora. I'm a new harvest diver fishing for sea cucumbers in Alaska. Learned to dive in the Caribbean and this year was my first experience with drysuit diving...A learning experience to say the least. Anyways I'm working on buying my own tanks and compressor and setting up a nitrox mixing system for myself up there and I foresee many questions for the community in my future.

Very cool. And welcome to ScubaBoard! To have diving for sea cucumbers in Alaska as one's first drysuit experience requires quite the adventurous spirit.

Hi! I am very interested in what you have to say about sea cucumbers. They are a staple food in SE Asia.

They appear to be a highly sustainable source of protein. Most interesting...

Welcome to SB. Would be interested to know the purpose of fishing for sea cucumbers and how one does it? I like it when I see different types out and about!

Would be interested to know the purpose of fishing for sea cucumbers ...

Sea cucumbers are dried and exported to Asia for consumption. I believe they are rehydrated before they are added to various dishes. They are a delicacy or even a "staple food" as lowviz said above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom