Hi there, from Sarnia Ont. (lake huron, St, Calir river)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakehuronjoe

Registered
Reaction score
Just discovered this amazing resource and wanted to say hello; I am just getting ready to get into the sport, and I am just collecting gear at this point. I am from Ontario Canada, and plan to dive lake Huron, St Clair river, and quarries. I have lived on the St Clair my whole life and have always wanted to dive it; I have started to collect gear and after research below is my list, any input would be appreciated.

just in the process of acquiring:

Mares abyss/22- DIN
scubapro Hydrospro /air2
Apex RK3 fins
7mm wet suit
Tusa Ceos

Lots of other odds and ends, but this is my starting point.

Happy New years :)

Greetings from the blunder down under (Canada, that is). I also dive the Hydros and RK3's. Love 'em both. Just graduated to a drysuit, though. Squeezing into a 7mm is like the first time I had sex.

Happy diving.

Greetings from the eastern end of the province (Ottawa). We normally dive the St. Laurence River which is actually quite warm in the summer.

Welcome from the other side of the Great Lakes! The wrecks are awesome, eh? :D

Welcome from Nova Scotia. Let us know if you find anything of interest in the St. Clair other than maybe Jimmy Hoffa.

Welcome to ScubaBoard LakeHuronJoe. Glad you decided to join.

Welcome from about 280km up the 401.

Not sure if you know, but every February there is an "Outdoor Adventure Show" held in the International Centre in Toronto. It usually has a very large area devoted to scuba, and is a great place to see potential locations for dive trips.

Greetings from London, Ontario. Was at the Point yesterday but as a tourist for the first time. Curious on what the dive would be like with the noticeable current. Two years ago I had the opportunity to dive the St Lawrence near Brockville. Was fun and even had the opportunity to use a scooter.

Have you had a chance to dive St Clair or Lake Huron?

Cheers
Darrell

Back
Top Bottom