Hi ScubaBoard community!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaatBoBoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi ScubaBoard community!

I'm Mattia, a 25 years old enthusiastic diver located in Italy.

I started my OWD course in 2012 and now I am currently attending the SSI TXR trimix.

I worked for 2 years as the manager of the diving section of a shop here in Rome.

I am also really into - my parents would say obsessed with... pff - scuba gear and maintenance.

About 135 dives. Not very much, but I enjoyed every minute!

Looking forward to share ideas and tips and tricks!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Glad to have you here. I'm not familiar with the diving options over there. Is there much diving around Italy, or do people need to travel to dive?

Richard.

Welcome Mattia!
Thank you so much! :D
Welcome to ScubaBoard. Glad to have you here. I'm not familiar with the diving options over there. Is there much diving around Italy, or do people need to travel to dive?

Richard.
Well, I will start by saying that I have just visited 6 diving places in Italy... Not so much!

In my case, being located in Rome, the nearest location for salt water scuba diving should be the 'Secche di Tor Paterno': about 1 hour from the city centre and 40 mins of navigation (see picture attached :) )

One of my favourite place is the 'Argentario', in Tuscany. It's about 2 hours driving (~150 km). We have very nice islands at around 1 hour of boat, with numerous dive sites.

We also have different lakes but, as I said, I often dive the same places and still don't have a lot of knowledge in this sense :)

Attachments

• carrus-valter_subacquea-secche-di-tor-paterno.jpg
    carrus-valter_subacquea-secche-di-tor-paterno.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 61
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom