Hi NorCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hello, from a few of us that are coming up from SoCal on Sept 5th-7th, to the Meet and Greet, in Monterey.

Most everyone else is going on boats, on Sat morning, but there are a few of us that are wanting to shore dive. I was wondering if anyone wants to meet us at a divesite. As of yet, we don't know where to go, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Repost from the other thread.

For those interested, I'm planning on being at North Monastery on Saturday about 9am and hope to be all suited up and getting wet by 10am. This would leave plenty of time to get in our dive, get lunch or something, then head to Coral Street to catch the early afternoon incoming tide.

High tide is at 3:18pm, so I'd like to catch the incoming tide and get in the water by 2pm. The difference between high and low tide is minimal, so there shouldn't be much current.

I'll go over proper entry/exit techniques for Monastery for those who haven't dived it before.

Obviously, if it's too big to dive, we'll choose an alternate site, but keep in mind that I'm cheap and don't like to pay for parking and I don't particularly like diving Breakwater.:wink:

Sounds like a plan! I will go back to the other thread and answer you there.

Rick

First dive at North Monastery? Wow, I'm not sure what to think. You guys are either tough as nails or in for a "special" NorCal welcome :D

First dive at North Monastery? Wow, I'm not sure what to think. You guys are either tough as nails or in for a "special" NorCal welcome :D

Considering that their Sunday dive is Jade Cove, Monastery should be pretty much a walk in the park. :wink:

Like I said, if it's not diveable, we'll choose an alternate site.

"The better sites" are always welcome:D You are talking to Beach Crabs, here:rofl3:

Room for one more? I have a kayak I'd like to try the first time.

FYI, Aquarius on Del Monte has two dive kayaks for rent, they're about $40 a day. I tried it once and it an honest-to-god fantastic way to dive Monterey. You hit metridium fields in 5 minutes, and it's maybe 15-20 minutes to Hopkins.

Hopefully some brave soul brings a kayak or rents one and joins you. My only advice is to politely decline requests from shore divers to "tow" them out to their dive sites :D

Hmmm... What if they ask me to let them tow ME to the site? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom