Hi Guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiznNC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Newbie reporting in. Stuck on an island for a year so did a lot of diving. Nothing too crazy, just a PADI OW diver. Getting back into it so I thought I'd check in.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and Howdy! from Texas! I'm intrigued...which Island were you "stuck on?" I would love to find one I could get stuck on! Thanks for joining and we look forward to your contributions!

Uh well it's easy when you join the Marine Corps. They give you an all-expense, uh vacation to this lovely island called Okinawa. So why not learn to dive, right? Sorta the total immersion approach (ha ha). Then you get back stateside and are totally spoiled because much continental beach diving sux in comparison. But anyways, yeah getting stationed on Oki for a year is generally looked upon as punishment for most participants, but I enjoyed the **** out of it. Also got to dive in the Philippines (nice) and Korea (BRRR!).

Thanks for the come-back and hope to learn a lot here.

Welcome. Southeast Florida, the Bahamas and Caribbean are there if you're after warm water coral reef diving. But, and you may need to advance your certification a bit (AOW and likely nitrox), and I see it's quite a drive (but doable within a day) for you, but be mindful coastal North Carolina has some nice diving - my trip report:
Morehead City, NC August 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...us-dive-center-aug-9-13-2015-trip-report.html

Hey thanks man, yeah that's just what I needed to know. Don't mind the drive, as FLA looks like where many of the good instructors are.

Another howdy from Central Texas. I'm very new to Scubaboard, so I don't know that my welcome will count for much, but nice to see you and welcome! Don't be a stranger. :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom