Hi From TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldFaht

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Long time diver but took a 12ish year hiatus. Just getting back into it. I've been looking at the forum for a couple of months, but am just now getting around to joining. I've found great information here. Hopefully I can contribute.

Thank you, I've got 13 dives their so far and I'll be back there Sunday. Great group of people and I've met some good dive buddies at Pennyroyal.

Oh, ScubaNashville.com has a private quarry. Marcos was my 1st scuba instructor. They also do group trips (Parrot Island Divers, as I recall); my 1st 4 trips to Bonaire were with them, and it was fun. I have't dove the Nashville Quarry; I'm much closer to Pennyroyal.

I used to hear occasionally of Martha's Quarry; it's been awhile, but if they're not too far, that may be of interest.

Richard.

The private quarry is only 20 minutes from my house, so it would be very convenient. I've heard about it and know it is privately owned. Thanks for the link. I'll check them out.

I haven't been to Martha's. There was a change of ownership recently and the dive operators almost didn't get their lease renewed. They may not be open next year. We'll see. I've heard no news about what the new owners plan to do with the quarry.

Thanks for reaching out. I'll probably run into you at PennyRoyal/Blue Springs.

Scott

Welcome to the forums. Seems like a number of new divers from TN joining the forums in the last week or so -- which is great! Tennessee has a good number of quarries set up for diving.

I also had heard that Martha's Quarry was going to close, but then it ended up opening for this season. Their Facebook page is still up and recently updated, though it seems their website is currently down.

P.S.: You can find some threads about Tennessee and SouthEastern U.S. diving here: South Eastern United States

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom