Hi from So Cal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SKMoss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, so the forum boss says to come here and say hi.

So, HI.

I'm not new to SCUBA, but it's been more than a couple of decades since I was wet. To be exact, my last dives were the week after hurricane Iniki went through No. Hawaii.

Before that I dove a lot (800+ hours) while I was stationed in the Philippines. Job in the Air Force had me travelling, and we took tanks and gear, and often a compressor so we dove in a lot of unique places. My Open Water instructor had a 42' Grand Banks outfitted as a dive boat. I was luck to help crew for him after a while.

Anyway, it's been a long time. But I was talking with a staff member of the WAVES Project (WAVES project) last weekend, and it looks like I'm going to break open the gills and help out.

I was NAUI Open Water and PADI Advanced Open Water certified. Along with Rescue and other specialties. Ya, that far back. Rescue was still a specialty.

Anyway, if this all works out, I'll be hunting buddies to dive with in So Cal. Most convenient to San Diego north to So Orange county. But will travel more than that for the right dive.

Going to be interesting gearing up. I have nothing but a dive mask and snorkel I wear when doing laps in the pool. Lots seems to have changed over the years.

Welcome aboard here and back into the underwater world!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here: >>>>
SoCal <<<<<<

Back
Top Bottom