Hi from Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueT

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello fellow divers! We are mostly new to diving, about 9 of us just went to the British Virgin Islands. It was very bad visibility; we had never been there except in summer when visibility was incredible! If we want to go on a dive vacation in the Caribbean or Mexico again next December, are there any recommendations?
Thank you!

Hello fellow divers! We are mostly new to diving, about 9 of us just went to the British Virgin Islands. It was very bad visibility; we had never been there except in summer when visibility was incredible! If we want to go on a dive vacation in the Caribbean or Mexico again next December, are there any recommendations?
Thank you!

How many dives a day do you want to do?

If you are two dives a day types - Scuba Club Cozumel is tough to beat.
If you want more dives than that - consider Bonaire.

I'd recommend Costa Rica -- the left coast. Numerous dive ops and great diving -- lots of different critters. People are very friendly. Several of us spent a week in Ocotal last November -- highly recommended.

BTW, I'm also 1/2 from Seattle (half my time here and the other outside of Chicago).

I'm a liveaboard kind of guy. You get more bang for your diving buck IMHO. Room, board up to 5 dives a day. Grand Cayman, Belize, Utila, Bahamas, and Grand Turk all have liveaboards.

My gf and I spent this past Christmas at Sandals in Nassau. Diving was included, and visibility was excellent! Only drawback was the large swells on Day 1. Next day was a world of difference. We dove the DC-3 site, among others. Good times!

Oh, and Seattle rocks! :)

Back
Top Bottom