Hi From NZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I'm brand new to diving.... only managed to get my certified scuba diving certificate 3 weeks ago and hopefully will get to upgrade. I learnt in the Maldives and loved the diving there so much we are headed back in July next year. Currently I balance fear of diving with excitement! Looking forward to reading some of your comments.
Kath

Hi Kath,

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You said "We" so I'm assuming that there is another.

Never dived at the Maldives but have dived at a lot of other places and I think New Zealand is the best overall.

You might consider the Poor Knights, New Zealand. Rated in the top ten places to dive world-wide and a lot cheaper to get to!

Hi Bert van den Berg - I have snorkelled the Poor Knights and yes it is very nice there. Goat Island too. Much colder though.... :) In the Maldives there is such an abundance of interesting sea life - sharks included.

Hi kath welcome to diving - hope you have lots of fun- have you dived locally yet

No not yet.... we have been thoroughly spoilt where we learned. I have to check out areas that have good visibility as I get rattled easily - at this stage anyways :)

lake coleridge is often good vis and good fro practice but cold

howdy and welcome from far away south east florida usa....

Welcome! You are progressing quite a bit. It's helping you to become a confident diver.

Back
Top Bottom