Hi from NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone!

Been lurking a bit for a year or so but figure it's time to create an account now!

I originally got CMAS certified in the 90s back in Europe. After only very little diving, life (kids) happened, I sold my gear, and only been diving very irregularly while traveling. Figuring this is not the safest way to scuba, I decided to pick it up again here in NYC last year and intend to dive regularly throughout the year, well... at least during the warmer months.
Hoping to finish my RD course soon and also a few specialty certs just to stay occupied under water while not traveling.

Long term aspirations are sidemount and cave diving.

That's about it.
Cheers!

Welcome, I'm a little north of you but conditions are similar. Low VIS and cold water.

My recommendation is drysuit and nitrox if you don't have it. Other than that don't worry much about specialities. Just dive as much as possible.

Welcome to SB from a Yonkers native. Where abouts in NYC and where in the area do you intend to dive? There is a site called NY/NJ beach diving (or something like that). I'm in Westchester 7 weeks mid summer and usually do some dives in the area, especially on the shallow CT. coast.

Welcome to SB from a Yonkers native. Where abouts in NYC and where in the area do you intend to dive? There is a site called NY/NJ beach diving (or something like that). I'm in Westchester 7 weeks mid summer and usually do some dives in the area, especially on the shallow CT. coast.
Thanks! I'm in Queens. This season I'm probably going to wind down my local diving (wetsuit diver)... Coming season I'll continue diving Rockaway Beach and also hopefully some wreck diving. Had a couple good wreck dives this summer. Just need to work on my air consumption cause I cannot spend too much time deep on my single tank!

Back
Top Bottom