Hi from Madeira :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saldiac

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone, I'm a Dutch guy who has been lurking here for a while and now decided to join SB. I got certified as OW and AOW diver back in 2005 while backpacking in Australia. Also did a wreck dive course in 2006 at the Florida Keys.
Then I unfortunately went without diving until 2011 when I moved to the Madeira island for work. Now I just walk 15 minutes to get to the local Divepoint. So I'm pretty much diving every Saturday now, even in winter time :cool2:
Currently doing my rescue diver course which I'm thoroughly enjoying. My wife also started her OW course so we'll be in good shape when we go back to her home country Malaysia and dive at the Perhentian islands this summer.

Saldiac,

Welcome to ScubaBoard...15 minute walk to your dive point, I am envyous :wink:

~Michael~

Thanks Oldbear!
Indeed I know I'm very lucky to live on a subtropical island with fast and easy ocean access.
I lived in the US from 2005 to 2009 and the fresh water dive options weren't nearby nor very interested imho. I did visit the Florida Keys during that time but without a dive buddy and lots of work my diving slowly grinded to a halt.
So I'm trying to dive as much as I can now! :D

Thanks Oldbear!
Indeed I know I'm very lucky to live on a subtropical island with fast and easy ocean access.
I lived in the US from 2005 to 2009 and the fresh water dive options weren't nearby nor very interested imho. I did visit the Florida Keys during that time but without a dive buddy and lots of work my diving slowly grinded to a halt.
So I'm trying to dive as much as I can now! :D

I now what you mean about a dive buddy. Right now I don't have one either and it can be a pain. Normally I dive with my daughter...she loves that...free diving for her :D

Ah yes, it's also free diving for my wife since she hasn't found a job here yet. But she's just doing her OW at the moment so let's see if she gets hooked.

Let's hope so...it will definiately make your diving more enjoyable by adding the family element. :D

Welcome to SB, Saldiac - glad you're enjoying your Rescue course... it was certainly one of my favourites! I did the majority of my training in Portugal, but never had the chance to get over to Madeira - what's it like? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom