Hi from Connecticut!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acox134957

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Morning All!! First a quick hello from breezy cool Connecticut!! Second a huge thank you for such an amazing resource...I have lurked here for many years. Reading and learning something new almost everyday!! I got my c card back in the early 90s then with kids didn't dive for 15 years. The past 5 years I have about 220 dives. Five years ago, my then 11-year-old daughter, said to me "Pa, I think I should get my scuba certification...it would be good for my career." Ummmm...OK!! (what 11 yr old says that...and more to the point MEANS IT? (she has wanted to work in the ocean sciences since she was three and I have no doubt will!) So long story short, I started diving again because of her...and have become a better diver because of her!

We will be traveling to the Dominican Republic in a couple of weeks with the family. Lydia and I will get in a couple of days of diving. When I get back I'll try to post a couple of photos and a short trip report.

Once again...thanks for an amazing resource!

aaron

I hope to see that trip report! Welcome. Would also be interested to see what you think of the place you stay topside on your trip. When people research trips, the diving is a big deal, but where on the island (or elsewhere) to stay, which dive op. to dive with, and which accommodation to stay in are also issues. And if you travel with a kid, then what entertainments and services are on offer for the kid can also be useful info.

Welcome from a fellow New Englandah! Your story is the same as mine, got certified in late 80's, then kids came along and started back up in early 2000's. My son was 14 when he got certified. I was working on my Divemaster during his class so I got to see him learn and grow. Have fun and dive safe.

Good Morning All!! First a quick hello from breezy cool Connecticut!! Second a huge thank you for such an amazing resource...I have lurked here for many years. Reading and learning something new almost everyday!! I got my c card back in the early 90s then with kids didn't dive for 15 years. The past 5 years I have about 220 dives. Five years ago, my then 11-year-old daughter, said to me "Pa, I think I should get my scuba certification...it would be good for my career." Ummmm...OK!! (what 11 yr old says that...and more to the point MEANS IT? (she has wanted to work in the ocean sciences since she was three and I have no doubt will!) So long story short, I started diving again because of her...and have become a better diver because of her!

We will be traveling to the Dominican Republic in a couple of weeks with the family. Lydia and I will get in a couple of days of diving. When I get back I'll try to post a couple of photos and a short trip report.

Once again...thanks for an amazing resource!

aaron
Hello Aaron, I'm also from CT. Where in CT do you live?

Back
Top Bottom