Hi from Cebu City.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StefanA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi from Cebu City.

Finally decided to take the plunge and join.

I'm just about to start taking my first steps toward Tec Diving and am sure I will be asking a lot of questions in the not so distant future.

Hey there. How are things in Cebu? Haven't really heard much about the RoP lately.

Welcome aboard.
Plenty of helping hands and suitable sites in Philippines.
Matt at Malapascua should be able to help.

Hi from Cebu City.

I'm just about to start taking my first steps toward Tec Diving and am sure I will be asking a lot of questions in the not so distant future.

Hi from Cebu City.

Phil Jennings at Cebu Dive Center in Moalboal also teaches tec diving. Enjoy.

Welcome to SB

You have some great diving on your doorstep, I can't wait to get back there.

Phil Jennings at Cebu Dive Center in Moalboal also teaches tec diving. Enjoy.

Thanks everyone, I've dived with Cebu Dive Center quite a few times, and know Phil (for fun dives they have the best prices in Moalboal), but after shopping around a bit decided to do the Sidemount, and Tec40 & Tec45 courses with Cebu Fun Divers. Starting on Saturday. The instructor is Oscar Pico Gras. I did my advanced open water with him some years ago as well.

Malapascua is a bit further away, and the courses cost quite a bit more, but will definitely go visit some of the deeper sections of Monad Shoal once qualified. Probably with Matt & the team.

Hey there. How are things in Cebu? Haven't really heard much about the RoP lately.
The country has been pretty much closed to tourists for nearly 2 years, and many dive operators have closed down completely.

I have somewhat mixed feeling about the lack of tourists since we've been able to dive the best spots essentially on our own since the pandemic started. But I see my friends who run the dive shops struggling, and know things have to open up soon.

Just waiting for the government to realise they've essentially killed the tourism industry.

I'm sorry to hear that. We were supposed to be in Dumaguete last November and hope to get a chance to visit soon. Insh'Allah, Duterte will open up again soon and the dive shops and local families can prosper again.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom